- Felia Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, known as PewDiePie is a Swedish YouTuber & internet comedian known for his funny YouTube content.
- From time to time he keeps rolling out Let’s Play Videos and comedy formatted shows.
- His channel was the most subscribed channel for straight 5 years (2013-2019)
- In July 2012, his channel reached 1 million subscribers.
- For 2 years his channel was the most viewed channel (from 29th Dec-2014 to 14th Feb – 2017)
- As of Dec, last year, his channel received 102+ million subscribers with 24 billion views, ranking as 2nd most subscriber & 13th most viewed channel.
Our funny YouTuber PewDiePie needs no introduction. For years he has been uploading funny content for his viewers and grabbing all the internet attention with his funny content.
For a channel with millions of subscribers, there will be lovers, there will be haters, there will be people who would appreciate for his witty sense and there will be some who would criticize for the same.
Within years, he has grabbed all the love (& hate), attention (& distraction) of people from around the world. If you have been following his channel, you might have noticed that he has been indicating his viewers from time to time that he might take some break from the platform.
Well, finally the time has come! YouTuber PewDiePie rolled out his last video (for now) on YouTube. You will catch him sipping whiskey from a beaker while he announces his exit.
“Guys, we did it. After 10 years, I am finally taking a break. This is the last video.”
PewDiePie – also known for messing things up!
Not only he is known for his witty content that will definitely make you laugh. But he is also known for messing things up from time to time.
Afterall, controversies make people famous (Rakhee Sawant ~ Mika, and many others). In 2017 Disney disconnected from PewDiePie after some videos he released were found to have Nazi reference and anti-Semitic imagery.
To defend himself, Our YouTuber PewDiePie popped up and stressed on the fact that he did not support any kind of hateful attitudes. Though he accepted that the material was offensive.
In 2017, he apologized for using N-word during a live stream. In 2018, he apologized (again) for reposting meme which mocked singer Demi Lovato’s hospital treatment due to a drug overdose.
If you have been following his videos, I’m sure you might have come across situations when he went witty than usual to generate controversies.
Adieu YouTuber PewDiePie!
He has been mentioning for a long time that he would exit, but it never happened (until Wednesday). For how long he will be away, it’s still not confirmed. But for now (and for some time) we will not get PewDiePie’s video suggestions where he is seen shouting, jumping and challenging his viewers to take up Not to Laugh challenge.
“I can’t believe this. This is so strange. I’m savoring every moment. The trust is I don’t want to go on a break. The truth is I love making videos. I just feel I need to do this”
In late 2016, he publicly announced that when his account crosses 50 million subscribers he would delete his account. Which he did, but his secondary account by the name of ‘Jacksepticeye’
Here are probable reasons why PewDiePie went away from YouTube:
- Some critics say that he was going out of content.
- If you’re an avid follower of PewDiePie, watch his last 3 videos and you will notice that he is really tired! Compare his first 3 videos and his last 3 videos, you will be able to catch the difference in excitement levels.
- He is the sole operator of his YouTube channel which becomes difficult for him to do everything on his own. From capturing videos, editing them and most importantly injecting that funny inkling that made him world-famous.
These reasons are observations. But there can be many hidden reasons. Being a hyperactive YouTuber, I’m sure he was not getting time for his personal life.
“I think this year has been so much pilling up that I think I should just cool down for a bit”
Hey there PewDiePie! You have been an amazing YouTuber. We will definitely miss you for some time, and if you don’t pop up (once again) we might as well forget you, buddy!
All we hope is, when you hit the road again, you come up with something really cool, catchy and with things that can only make up jump out of hilarious laughs. Cheers!