- Aditya Puri age 69 has been the CEO of HDFC Bank for around 24 years.
- Head of Goldman Sachs Group, Harit Talwar is said to be the next CEO of HDFC Bank.
India’s largest private sector lender HDFC Bank is going for a leadership change. Aditya Puri the current CEO of HDFC Bank will be stepping down from his position. After serving for around 24 years its time for Aditya Puri to sit back and relax.
Who is Said to Be the Next CEO of HDFC Bank?
After rigorous searching, HDFC Bank is said to get associated with Harit Talwar – the head of Goldman Sachs Group’s consumer-banking business.
Aditya Puri’s tenure is said to come to an end in the month of October this year. 24 years of stint doesn’t end without achievements and milestones. Let’s highlight some achievements of Aditya Puri.
- Financial express honored him with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his contribution to Indian banking.
- HDFC Bank is the only Indian brand that figures in the top 100 most valuable global brands list, according to Milward Brown, a WPP group research agency.
- Business Today awarded HDFC Bank as Bank of the year jointly with SBI. Best Fintech Engagement also went with HDFC Bank.
- CNBC-TV18 awarded the private bank as an outstanding company of the year.
- For 3 continuous years – 2015-18, Aditya Puri was awarded as one of the Best CEOs out of 30 CEOs – A list rolled us by Barron’s.
This is not all. There are humongous achievements by the CEO of HDFC Bank.
Harit Talwar – A Short Introduction
Harit Talwar joined Goldman in 2015 and was the face of its push into consumer banking. Before joining Goldman, Talwar led the US cards division for Discover Financial Services. He also spent 15 years at Citigroup taking care of various verticals like cards, loans, and retail banking.
Perhaps a perfect identity for the next CEO of HEFC Bank.
Mumbai-based, India’s largest private sector lender HDFC Bank has a market capitalization of about $86 billion, making it bigger than major US banks – Goldman and Morgan Stanley. The bank has had a panel in place to find a successor to Puri, who has said his replacement should be better than him and shouldn’t require 18 months of hand-holding for the job.
I guess it will be the most interesting watch in 2020. As private banks are still in ambiguity if they will be blooming up, HDFC Bank is going only in an upward direction.
On behalf of Next Big Brand, we wish the current CEO of HDFC Bank all the very best and thank you for serving for so long and making HDFC one of the best banks in India.
Also, we welcome Harit Talwar – to be CEO of HDFC Bank and hope the growth Aditya left, will be taken care of by Harit.