- The maximum number of bookings was made online via Oyo Mobile App (92% – Android + iOS) followed by mobile web (6%) and desktop web (2%).
- Uttar Pradesh (UP) emerged as the most welcoming state in India basis the number of travelers and bookings received throughout the year followed by Maharashtra
- Delhi retained its top spot as the city which recorded the maximum number of travel cancellations followed by re-bookings. The capital city also topped the popularity chart along with being the most-searched destination.
The annual travel report of Oyo Hotels and Homes-Oyo Travelopedia 2019. The study revealed facts like August 09, 2019, with the maximum number of bookings was the most OYO’d day and 11 AM emerged as the most popular time of the day to book an Oyo.
The second version of this index showed that Uttar Pradesh (UP) emerged as India’s most accommodating state based on the number of travelers and reservations received throughout the year followed by Maharashtra, and Karnataka fell from last year’s leader to the third spot.
Delhi maintained its top spot as the city that reported the maximum number of travel cancellations followed by reservations. As well as being the most searched destination, the capital city also topped the popularity list. Within the first 10 days of each month in 2019, Delhi followed by Hyderabad and Bangalore reported maximum bookings.
Each second 5 Oyo properties were booked, according to the company, and the band reported a 2.7x Y-o-Y jump in the number of reservations compared to last year. Goa, followed by Jaipur and Visakhapatnam, posted maximum pre-bookings for the Independence Day long weekend in 2019 (August 15-18).
Gaurav Ajmera, Chief Operating Officer, Oyo Hotels and Homes, India said, “In 2019, the travel and hospitality industry saw some very interesting changes with shifting consumer preferences. The results indicate Oyo’s growing popularity not only in India but globally when it comes to trusted and quality accommodation.
It also fuels us OYOPreneurs to keep innovating and leveraging technology to build a world-class hospitality experience. “Oyo’s growing popularity as a trusted and preferred choice of accommodation was also shown when the index revealed that for 84 continuous nights, the company added, a single user stayed in an Oyo property.
The maximum number of online bookings was made via Oyo Mobile App (92%-Android+iOS) followed by mobile web (6%) and desktop web (2%). The global userbase number is 77.5 million and the Oyo Number is ranked 3rd in the travel category in Google Play, further highlighting Oyo’s success, the company added.
OYO’s growing popularity as a trusted and favored accommodation option was also shown when the index revealed that for 84 continuous nights a single user stayed in an OYO house. OYO King emerged from Kochi this year, who stayed throughout the year at 215 OYO Hotels and OYO Queen from Firozabad, staying at 113 OYO Hotels.
However, the data also showed that the top 5 OYO properties for the year 2018 were:
● OYO Hotels namely Palette Resorts – Le Pondy
● OYO Townhouse 021 Bombay Exhibition Center
● OYO 9771 Hotel Glitz Westend Inn
● Capital O 10212 Hotel West Willows Xanadu
● OYO Townhouse 028 Corporate Suite.
Showing how digitization and the internet turned out to be a blessing for both mobile users and companies, the data revealed that in 2018, about 92 percent of hotel bookings were made through the mobile phone. OYO also saw various types of travel fans, including
● Lone Star Weekenders –Solo travelers checking on weekends
● Weekday Winners –Solo travelers checking in on weekdays
● Major Weekends–Team travelers visiting a destination with their friends and family
● Mid-week travelers–Group travelers, preparing their holidays well in advance.