- According to Brand Finance, Delta Airlines the most valuable aviation brand in the world followed by American Airlines and United Airlines.
U.S. carriers continue to dominate the list of Brand Finance Passenger Carriers 50 2020, taking the top 3 positions as of our 1 January 2020 assessment. Until COVID -19, all American airline brands, including Delta (down 9 percent to US$ 9.2 billion), American Airlines (down 7 percent to US$ 8.9 billion), and United Airlines (down 3 percent to US$ 8.2 billion), had decreased in brand value after dropping Brand Strength Index (BSI) scores and lower market research results.
Before the outbreak of coronavirus, Delta retained its status as the world’s most valuable airline brand, with its drop-in brand value due to declining brand power, scored lower for customer loyalty, satisfaction, and preference than in previous years. Predicted to fall by another 20 percent in line with industry trends, Delta is an illustrative illustration of COVID-19’s effect on the market, with the airline reducing capacity by 70 percent in March 2020.
Similarly, American Airlines (2nd) and United Airlines (3rd) rival suffered from declining demand, with the former currently declining capacity by 40% a day and the latter reducing domestic flights by 52% and maximum capacity by 68%. Although these steps would certainly further wreak havoc on airline companies, there is some controversy on whether Delta is best positioned to control its operations. With more planes in their hands that are ideal for retirement and non-core routes, there is a possibility that the brand will bounce back fairly unscathed.
Bucking the trend, Air Canada was flying high, posting the ranking’s biggest brand value rise, growing an unprecedented 25 percent to US$ 3.7 billion and moving into the top 10 at the same time. Air Canada had high sales projections before the global pandemic, leading to its sales hitting record levels at the end of 2019. Nonetheless, all forecasts are being updated at the moment and the status and brand image of Air Canada and other companies in the sector are in a precarious situation. The national carrier of Canada has laid off more than 5,000 employees and has a diminished network.
Let”s Look at the Top 10 Most Valuable Airlines Brand-
- Delta Airlines– Delta Air Lines, Inc., commonly known as Delta, is one of the largest United States carriers and a heritage carrier. It maintains offices in Atlanta, Georgia.
- American Airlines– American Airlines, Inc. is a major American carrier headquartered within the Dallas – Fort Worth metroplex in Fort Worth, Texas. When measured by fleet size, scheduled passengers carried, and passenger mile sales, it is the largest airline in the world.
- United Airlines– United Airlines, Inc. is a major US airline located at Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois. United maintains a vast network of domestic and international routes spanning large and small cities across the United States and all six continents.
- Emirates-Emirates is the state-owned flag carrier airline with headquarters in Garhoud, Dubai, UAE. The airline is a subsidiary of The Emirates Group, owned by Dubai’s investment corporation government.
- Southwest Airlines– Southwest Airlines Co. is a major US airline headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and is the biggest low-cost carrier in the world.
- Air China– Air China Limited, with headquarters in Shunyi District, Beijing, is the flag carrier and one of the People’s Republic of China’s main airlines. Flight operations for Air China are based at Beijing Capital International Airport.
- China Southern Airlines– China Southern Airlines Company Limited is an airline based in the district of Baiyun, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province.
- Air Canada– Air Canada is Canada’s flag carrier, and the largest airline by fleet size and carrying passengers. The airline, founded in 1937, provides scheduled and charter air transport to 207 destinations worldwide for passengers and freight.
- British Airways– British Airways is the United Kingdom flag carrier airline with headquarters in London, England, close to its main hub at Heathrow Airport. Depending on fleet size and passengers borne behind easyJet, it is the second-largest airline in the UK.
- China Eastern Airlines– China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited, also known as China Eastern, is an airline headquartered on the premises of Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport in Changning District, Shanghai, China Eastern Airlines.
This report also talks about the impact of COVID19 on the airline industry and their recovery. You can find the whole report here.