- For the 2nd year consecutively, Dwayne Johnson tops the list with $87.5 million followed by Ryan Reynolds. Akshay Kumar Is Only Bollywood star on the list.
Forbes came out with the list of highest-paid actors of 2020. For the second year consecutively, Dwayne Johnson tops the list with $87.5 million for his role as the art-theft chasing agent for the forthcoming Netflix original Red Notice movie, earning $23.5 million. Ryan Reynolds, Mark Wahlberg, Ben Affleck, and Vin Diesel paid an additional $85 million from Netflix. Akshay Kumar on the backing of his ad deals remains the only Bollywood actor on the list.
While nobody earned more in percentage terms from Netflix than Sandler, others gained. Ten top actors this year earned 545.5 million dollars in total, more than one-quarter of what Netflix paid out. In reality, the streaming giant lowered checks to six of the top ten by $140.5 million.
- Dwayne ‘Rock’ Johnson– The Rock ranks high for the second year in a row with a $23.5 million Netflix paycheck for the forthcoming Red Notice film and its popular Project Rock Under Armour. Rock earns $87.5 Million.
- Ryan Reynolds– Reynolds, the present-day gold kid of Netflix, saw Six Underground and Red Notice making more than $20 million. In July, the streamer revealed it was shelling out for an eight-figure payday for a third Reynolds movie. Reynolds earns $71.5 Million.
- Mark Wahlberg– After its release in March, Wahlberg’s Spenser Confidential action comedy became the third best-watched original film of Netflix. He has also created millions of McMillions and Wahl Street docuseries. Wahlberg earns $58 Million.
- Ben Affleck– After a brief break, Affleck came back to the big screen with the series “The Way Back” and “The Last Thing” by Netflix this year. Affleck earns $55 Million.
- Vin Diesel– This year, after the film’s release, was pushed to April 2021, the F9 Star struggled to earn a huge back-end payday. It has burned the franchise by serving as a producer of the Fast & Furious Spy Races animated Netflix series. Vin earns $54 Million.
- Akshay Kumar– Akshay Kumar is the only Bollywood star on the list and is working on his first TV series The End for Amazon Prime. However, the rest of his money comes from service deals; he shills from multivitamins to cleaners and all. Akshay earns $48.5 Million.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda– Disney has secured the foreign film rights this year for the original Hamilton Broadway production for $75 Million and it puts Miranda first time on the list. While Broadway closed for the remainder of 2020, the film version of In the Heights will be a big payoff next year. Miranda earns $45.5 Million.
- Will Smith– The Fresh Prince will also get wide controls for lead parts as his upcoming appearance in King Richard, portraying the father of tennis girls Serena and Venus, Richard Williams. He fills the income gaps with mobile telephone hits, including his popular Instagram and Snapchat series. Smith earns $44.5 Million.
- Adam Sandler– In Netflix, the comedian finds his den. In January, after his film Murder Mystery was one of the most popular streamer movies ever, he signed another deal to create four more movies on the platform. Sandler earns $41 Million.
- Jackie Chan– The Martial Arts star is as active as ever, producing five films in the previous year, six decades into his career. With the millions from acceptance and license agreements, he bolsters his film revenue. The action legend earns $40 Million.