Forbes Asia 200 best Under a Billion 2019 list saw 14 Indian Companies featuring in it which is 10 more than the previous year. This list is prepared every year by Forbes Asia that highlights top 200 publically traded companies in Asia-PAcific that have less than $1 billion in revenue but are consistent in posting top and bottom-line growth.
Among the companies that made to the list, Biocon has the highest market cap at $4.4 billion and sales at $789 million.
Let’s look at the Indian companies which made to the list:-
- Atul:- Atul Ltd is a chemical conglomerate and one of the companies of Lalbhai Group, serving customers in national and international markets. It has a market value of $1620 million
- Balaji Amines:-Balaji Amines are specialized in manufacturing Methylamines, Ethylamines, Derivatives of Specialty Chemicals and Pharma Excipients. They have a market value of $185 million.
- Biocon:-Biocon Limited manufactures generic active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) that are sold in over 120 countries across the globe, including the developed markets of the United States and Europe. It also manufactures novel biologics, as well as, biosimilar insulins and antibodies, which are sold in India as branded formulations.
- Control Print:- Control Print is engaged in the coding and marking system along with related components, accessories, consumables, and services.
- Gallant Ispat:- Gallant Ispat is a public limited company specializing in all kinds of iron and steel products such as sponge iron, pellets, pig iron, cast iron, bars, rods, billets, and Captive power plant.
- Graphite India Limited:- Graphite India Limited is the leader for the manufacture of Graphite Electrodes as well as Carbon and Graphite Speciality products. It’s manufacturing facilities are spread across 6 plants in India and it has also got a 100% owned subsidiary at Nuremberg, Germany, by name Graphite COVA GmbH.
- Hester Biosciences:- Hester Biosciences Limited is an Indian company headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It an animal and poultry vaccines manufacturing Company with plants situated in Gujarat and Nepal. The company currently has a 30% share of the poultry vaccines market in the country.
- Jamna Auto Industries:-Jamna Auto Industries is an Indian multinational suspension system Automotive company headquartered in Delhi, India. It is the largest automotive suspension spring manufacturer in India and amongst top three in the World.
- Jubilant Foodworks:-Jubilant Foodworks is an Indian company based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh which holds the master franchise for Domino’s Pizza in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh, and also for Dunkin’ Donuts in India.
- Kellton Tech Solutions:-Kellton Tech Solutions Ltd. is an Indian information technology and outsourcing company headquartered in Hyderabad, India with offices in the United States and Europe.
- Maithan Alloys:-Maithan Alloys Limited is a publicly listed company at NSE which manufactures, sells manganese and Ferro-alloys within India and internationally.
- Solar Industries Ltd.:-Founded by visionary Shri Satyanarayan Nandlal Nuwal, Solar Group has evolved from a single site manufacturing company in 1995 to a globally recognized Industrial Explosives manufacturer today.
- Suprajit Engineering:-Suprajit Groups specializes in Automobile and Lamps.
- Veto Switchgears & Cables:- Veto is engaged in manufacturing of wires & cables, Electrical Accessories & all type of range of led lighting, CFL & Fans.
Among the 14 companies that made it to the list, Biocon has the highest market cap at $4.4 billion and sales at $789 million.
It’s interesting to note that only three out of the 14 Indian companies in the list have their annual sales revenue in two digits, the rest have sales figures more than $100 million.
Like last year, China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan dominated the list with 122 collective entries in the list in 2019. That is again 14 more than last year—in 2018, the consortium was represented with 108 companies on the list.