- With 21.3 million subscribers CarryMinati is among the most popular YouTubers in India followed by Amit Bhadana who has 20.5 million subscribers.
A lot has changed since YouTube removed Carryminati “YouTube Vs TikTok” video for breaching terms of service including India’s top YouTube stars.
The list consists only of independent creators of YouTube and does not include music channels such as T-Series.
With 21.3 million subscribers Carry Minati is among the popular YouTubers in India followed by Amit Bhadana who has 20.5 million subscribers and Ashish Chanchlani who has 18.6 million subscribers.
- CarryMinati– Ajey Nagar, 21, became India’s most subscribed YouTuber after going viral three days ago with his latest song “Yalgaar.” His album, which in the latest YouTube vs. TikTok controversy tells his side of the story, has got 64 million views.
- Amit Bhadana– Amit Bhadana is the first YouTuber Indian to have attained 20 million subscribers. He’s a comedian and has created content with many Bollywood stars including, among others, Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn.
- Ashish Chanchalani– Ashish Chanchlani is among the funniest YouTubers in India. When his video “How to annoy people who say-tu mere baap ko Janta hai” went viral, he became famous. He also appeared in the 2017 web series Class of Alt Balaji.
- BB Ki Vines/ Bhuvan Bam– Bhuvan Bam, 26, is the first YouTuber Indian to gain popularity among the public. He became the first YouTuber to reach 10 million subscribers, and the first to be invited to attend the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos. His most recent video was about the plight of poor Indian workers most affected by the lockdown.
- Technical Guruji– Gaurav Chaudhary is one of the very few people on YouTube to have reviewed smartphones and other gadgets and made millions out of them. He has also made it to the 30 under 30 lists of Forbes India.
- Sandeep Maheshwari– Sandeep Maheshwari is a popular motivational speaker who influences and guides people when it comes to decision making. He is also the only one on the list who has not yet monetized his channel.
- Round2Hell– Three friends-Nazim, Wasim, and Zayn-started this channel in 2016. Together they make powerful content on comedy. They didn’t get a great response from the audience when they first started their videos but they kept on doing so. When one of their videos went viral all three shot to fame.
- FactTechz– Rajesh Kumar tells stunning facts about everything and anything through this channel. Its content varies from a list of the most costly items to why smartphones today have batteries that are not removable.
- Dr. Vivek Bindra– Bindra is a motivational speaker who creates business and entrepreneurship content in Hindi. He is also the founder and CEO of Bada, which runs a program of entrepreneurship to help and develop small businesses.
- Emiway Bantai-Emiway Bantai is a rapper and the creator of some of India’s best rap songs including Samajh Me Aaya Kya that crossed 67 million views on Youtube. Interestingly, India’s Got Talent once rejected Emiway Bantai, a popular show along the lines of America’s Got TalentSome of the other famous YouTubers are Prajakta Koli, the only Indian influencer to be part of the virtual graduation ceremony of Michelle and Barack Obama, “Dear 2020 Class.” Other creators of content such as Nisha Madhulika and Sanam are also extremely common in India.
We surveyed our audience about who is their favorite Youtuber. You can check the result here