- HDFC is the fourth most-valued firm by market valuation on the BSE.
- HDFC share price rose by 2.52 percent to close at Rs. 2,343.85 apiece on the BSE.
Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) has crossed the Rs 4-lakh crore in terms of Market Valuation after a rally in its share price.
On Thursday at the close of trade, the market capitalization (m-cap) of mortgage lender HDFC was at Rs. 4,04,384.68 crore on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). HDFC share price rose by 2.52 percent to close at Rs. 2,343.85 apiece on the BSE. During the day, it gained 3 percent to Rs. 2,357 which is its record high.
HDFC was among the top gainer on the Sensex from 30 firms. Currently, It is the fourth most-valued firm by market valuation on the BSE.
Reliance Industries Limited with an m-cap of Rs. 7,99,864.73 crore, is the country’s most-valued firm, followed by Tata Consultancy Services with Rs. 7,75,092.58 crore valuation and HDFC Bank which is a subsidiary of HDFC at 3rd with a valuation of Rs. 6,56,940.74 crore
So far this year, shares of HDFC have zoomed nearly 19 percent. The m-cap figure of companies changes daily with the stock price movement.
Let’s look at the top 5 companies according to m-cap in India:-
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)– Reliance Industries Limited is an Indian conglomerate holding company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. With a market value of Rs. 799,864.73 Crore.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)– Tata Consultancy Services Limited is an Indian multinational information technology service and consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is a subsidiary of Tata Group and operates in 149 locations across 45 countries. Market Value of TCS is Rs. 7,75,092.55 Crore.
- HDFC Bank- HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has 98,061 permanent employees as of 31 March 2019. Market Value of HDFC Bank is Rs. 656,940.87 Crore.
- Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC)- Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited is an Indian financial conglomerate based in Mumbai, India. It is a major provider of finance for housing in India. Market Value of HDFC is Rs. 4,04,384.68 crore.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL)- Hindustan Unilever Limited is a British-Dutch manufacturing company headquartered in Mumbai, India. Its products include foods, beverages, cleaning agents, personal care products, water purifiers, and consumer goods. The market value of HUL is Rs. 374,066.80 crore.