The companies featured in the Fortune 500 list for most valuable companies in the world are also the one as the employers.
Here is the list of top ten employers among the Fortune 500 Companies-
- Walmart – The American multinational retailing giant is the largest employer in the world. It has 22 lakh employees working for it across the globe. It operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores, headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Amazon – The e-commerce giant led by the richest man of the World Jeff Bezos stands 2nd on the list. Founded in 1994, the company is the largest online retailer on the planet. The company has over 6.47 lakh employees.
- Kroger – An American retailing company founded by Bernard Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. This company is the largest in terms of supermarket revenue. It has over 4.53 lakh employees
- Yum China – The owner of famous brands KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, Yum China is the largest restaurant company in China. Separated from Yum! Brands in 2016, it has over 4.5 lakh employees.
- The Home Depot – Largest Home Improvement Retailer in America supplying tools, construction products, and services. The company is headquartered at the Atlanta Store Support Center in unincorporated Cobb County, Georgia. The firm has a base of over 4.13 lakh employees.
- Berkshire Hathway – Omaha based and world’s 10th largest company in terms of revenue which was founded by Warren Buffet is home to more than 3.9 lakh employees.
- IBM – An America multinational company headquartered in Armonk, United States International Business Machine (IBM) employs over 3.81 lakh people. The tech giant operates in more than 170 countries.
- United Parcel Service (UPS) – Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, U.S., United Parcel Service (UPS) is an American multinational package delivery and supply chain management company. One of the most reputed firms in the logistics world, they are home to over 3.64 lakh employees.
- Target – Target is the eighth largest retailers in the United States. Founded by George Dayton, the company is headquartered in Minneapolis. The company provides living to more than 3.6 lakh staff.
- FedEx Corporation – FedEx Corporation is an American multinational courier delivery services company headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. Founded by Frederick W. Smith, the company houses over 3.59 lakh employees.