Alphabet is the newest company to enter the elite group of companies with market caps above $1 trillion, further cementing the tech sector as the highest public-market valuation.
Thursday’s closing of Google’s parent put the stock high enough to notch a price above the mark of four-coma. The record level also helped push Big Tech-the five stock group consisting of Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Microsoft-for the first time past a $5 trillion market valuation.
The information tech sector of the S&P 500 dominates all other subgroups of the index in the year-to-date, having already posted a return of 50 percent in 2019. The massive run-up of the group was driven primarily by Apple stock, as last year’s iPhone maker gained more than 80 percent.
Apple was the first company to hit a $1 trillion valuation in August 2018 and as recently as December 11 retained the crown as the highest-valued public company. The tech giant lost its top spot when Saudi Aramco launched with a record-breaking 1.7 trillion-dollar valuation on public markets.
Aramco stock proceeded to surge high enough to hit a $2 trillion valuation before paring gains through January.
Here are the 10 companies with more than $1 Trillion Market Cap:-
- Saudi Aramco– One of the world’s largest revenue companies, and according to accounts reported by Bloomberg News, the world’s most profitable company. After its Initial Public Offering (IPO), Saudi Aramco’s shares surged, valuing the oil producer at a record $1.84 trillion and raising Saudi Arabia’s stock market to the ranks of the largest in the world.
- Apple– Tech giant Apple is the biggest brand in the world. The tech giant nabs the second spot with a market cap of about $1.39 trillion.
- Microsoft– Satya Nadella led Microsoft is one of the world’s leading brands, one of the top five tech companies, with a market cap of $1.27 trillion with a yearly growth of 5.5 percent.
- Alphabet– The newest addition to the list of trillion-dollar companies, Alphabet has a market cap of $1 Trillion dollars and is led by Sundar Pichai.
- Amazon– The company of Jeff Bezos is one of the largest brands in the world. Amazon’s market cap is $921 billion with a yearly growth of 0.6 percent.
- Facebook– Led by the legendary Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook has a market cap of $639 billion and yearly growth of 8.1 percent.
- Alibaba– Founded in 1999, Alibaba Group Holding Limited (also known as Alibaba Group and Alibaba) is a Chinese multinational e-commerce, retail, Internet and technology holding company and has a market cap of $608 billion.
- Berkshire Hathway-Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is a multinational American conglomerate holding company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, the United States founded by the legendary Warren Buffet and has a market cap of $561 billion.
- Tencent– Tencent Holdings Limited is a multinational Chinese conglomerate holding company founded in 1998, whose subsidiaries are specialized in various services and products related to the Internet, entertainment, artificial intelligence, and technology, both in China and around the world.
- JP Morgan Chase– JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an American international investment bank with offices in New York City that provides financial services.
You can find the whole report here.