Google a globally used search engine where we search from anything to everything (literally everything!). One more interesting thing about this search engine is that we can see what others have been searching for lately.
Delhi temperature today; Pan card link what aadhar online; Kaushal Punjabi; CTET; Good news collection; Salman Khan images; solar eclipse time in India; TIk-Tok are some of the most searched terms on Google in India.
India is home to some 960 millionaires and family business tycoons. Despite so many Richie riches, only a few (Tata; Birlas; Ambanis) have been able to be on the limelight. Thanks to google, not only for providing answers to everything but also for providing a platform where we can see who (or what thing) is trending a lot lately.
Let’s find out who are the business tycoons who have been able to rule on this search engine result. Without wasting much time, let’s take a look at India’s top 10 most Google business tycoons.
- Ratan Tata: Even after retiring, this man is on top of the list. The industrialist has (and most likely) will always be in every list of richest and influencers from around the globe. Tata apart from being one of the oldest industries in India is also known for its philanthropy, long term vision, and ethics. But this, Mr. Ratan Tata, has his reasons to be on the top list. He’s known by his reserved nature and he is one of those rich men who don’t like to be socially very active and recently this highly reserved billionaire is on Instagram! We are most likely to see his posts, stories real soon. Ratan Tata’s net worth is said to be around $1 billion and his business spread across 90 different verticals.
- Azim Premji: The person behind the behemoth success of IT conglomerate Wipro is Azim Premji. Wipro’s complete transformation from a cooking oil entity to $8.5 billion worth IT company, Azim has dedicated his entire life to spark the IT Industry in India which is why he is termed as Czar of Indian IT Industry. In 2010 he was voted among 20 most powerful men in the world by Asiaweek. He’s currently the 10th richest person in India whose net worth is estimated to be $7.2 billion USD as of October 2019.
- Laxmi Niwas Mittal: CEO of ArcelorMittal, the world’s largest steelmaker. Now London based, 69-year-old steel magnate’s net worth is estimated at around $1,210 crore USD. Initially, he separated from his siblings to start Mittal Steel then went on to merge with France’s Arcelor in 2006. In 2005, Forbes ranked him as 3rd richest person globally (making him 1st Indian citizen to be ranked in the top 10 in the publications annual list of world’s richest people).
Another reason for being on the top list of most searched tycoons is his daughter Vanisha Mittal. GHer wedding is said to be 2nd most expensive wedding recorded. Mittal has been a member of the board of directors of Goldman Sachs since 2008 also, he sits on the World Steel Association’s executive committee.
- Cyrus S. Poonawalla: He’s the chairman of Poonawalla Group, which includes Serum Institute of India, an Indian biotech company that manufactures pediatric vaccines. According to Forbes, his net worth has multiplied by 5 times in the past 10 years. Son of a racehorse breeder, he’s also known for his fancy lifestyle with mansions in Mumbai, horses and latest cars. Some time ago the billionaire brought Lincoln House in the Breach Candy, South Mumbai for a mind-boggling deal of INR 750 crore one of the biggest real estate deals.
- Anand Mahindra: He’s not only known as chairperson of Mahindra & Mahindra conglomerate but he’s also known for his hyperactive profile on Twitter. He’s the 3rd generation scion of Mahindra family. Mahindra is a renowned company manufacturing sports utility vehicles and tractors. Recently Anand Mahindra publicly announced that he’ll be stepping down from the executive’s position as a part of a succession plan.
- Shiv Nadar: Founder and chairman of HCL and Shiv Nadar Foundation. He founded HCL in min 1970s and transformed a small IT hardware company into big enterprise over the next 3 decades by constant reinvention and hard work. Shiv Nadar’s net worth currently stands at USD 1,510 crores. From a small IT Company, HCL technology is now valued at $8.6 billion USD.
- Gautam Adani: Chairman of multinational conglomerate Adani Group headquartered in Gujrat, they have business across industries like energy, resources, logistics, agribusiness, real estate, financial services, defense, and aerospace. Gautam Adani is the president of the Adani Foundation, which is led by his wife, Priti Adani.
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw: When all the ladies were worried about #meetoo and feminism, she came to the front and set an example of how a female has all the abilities to fight all the odds and bloom like anything else. She is India’s richest self-made woman and chairperson and managing director of a biotechnology company based out of Bangalore, Biocon Limited. She’s also the chairperson of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. Financial Times covered her on the list of top 50 businesswomen. Her philanthropic initiative, The Mazumdar Shaw Medical Centre, aims to create a sustainable, affordable cancer care model. With net worth being $2.8 billion USD, she definitely needs to be on the trending list. A true inspiration for all the aspiring women who dream to fly high.
- Uday Kotak: He took his family’s trading business to a whole new level. Uday Kotak started a finance firm in 1985 and with his continuous hard work and high hopes he was successful in converting it into a bank in 2003. Kotak Mahindra Bank is now among India’s top 4 banks in the private sector which got a boost by its 2014 acquisition of ING Bank’s Indian operations. Uday Kotak’s net worth currently stands are $1,500 crore USD.
- Radhakishan Damani: He’s the man behind DMart (Avenue Supermarkets Ltd.) a chain of hypermarts in India founded by Radhakishan Damani in 2002 and it didn’t take much time to reach a milestone of 191 stores spread all over India.
These were the top 10 Indian businesspeople names that were searched the most on Google and this time Mukesh Ambani missed to be on the list. It’s a proud moment for India to have such influential people leading the country from the front. Also, it’s glad to notice that apart from things like Tik-Tok, people are searching for informative things too.