- There was a 179% year-on-year rise in IRCTC profit at ₹ 205.80 crores for the quarter ended December 31st. Last year, the same figure was around ₹ 73.59 crore.
- IRCTC’s revenue from operation increased 64.59% to ₹ 715.98 crores in Q3.
- EBITDA margin expanded sharply to 37.11% from 22.72% in Q3 FY19.
Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation – IRCTC share price rose more than 12% in early trade on Feb 13th and touched 52 weeks high of ₹ 1596.95.
EBITDA margin expanded sharply to 37.11% in December 2019 quarter (from 22.72 in Q3 FY19). With IRCTC shares reaching a whole new level, the company declared an interim dividend at ₹ 10 per share – 100% of paid-up share capital!
IRCTC share price opened with an 11.7% increase and rose as high as ₹ 1596.95 as against precious’s day close of ₹ 1418.95. If you managed to open the BSE portal at 9:24 hours, you might have noticed that IRCTC shared were quoting ₹ 1542 up ₹ 123.05 or 8.67%. With this activity, the entire BSE was wooed and excited.
Analysts commented that IRCTC share price is trading higher than 5, 20, 50. 100 & 200-day moving averages. You might be surprised to know that IRCTC shares have outperformed the Travel Support Services sector by 8.58%.
Market depth data suggests that 93% bidders are buying and only 7% of sellers are offering the stock for sale. During the October-December quarter, IRCTC’s total revenue surged 61.91% to ₹ 734.98 crores compared to ₹ 453.91 crores a year ago.
Have You Invested in IRCTC Shares Yet?
While many of us are still reluctant to step into the world of trading, many are reaping what they tried to show some years back. One best thing about IRCTC shares is that anyone can buy them – & no one needs to have proper knowledge and experience about share trading.
As IRCTC shares only rose to new heights the only dark time the company faced was when the shares were stagnant. Since its IPO, there has not been a downer time for the giant.
If you are looking for long term returns, you can simply buy IRCTC shares and forget about for 5-10 years (at least). If you are someone new to the market and want to see how shares work you better buy IRCTC shares and just observe how they dance on the charts every day.
Give Me Reasons to Buy Its Shares:
Though I’m not an expert neither I’m a wall street broker but here I am giving my reasons as to why one should be keeping IRCTC shares safe in their portfolio:
- IRCTC is a lot more than just a railway platform. All of its verticals and businesses have been growing only.
- IRCTC has no direct competition in entire India. If someone wants to travel from one city to another city through railways, its IRCTC and no one else. IRCTC having total domination, and it’s a perfect competition situation.
- Thinking from an economist’s point of view, if someone invests in IRTCT shares he/she is investing in someone who has total domination in the world’s 6th largest country.
- IRCTC as a company has shown some good results and tried to launch new trains that fit will according to passenger’s expectations. People have now started to treat Indian railways as a new generation railway with a more sorted out product/service offering.
Since the time of IRCTC’s IPO, it has just gone up and investors as are as happy as a newborn baby is to see a mother for the first time. On behalf of Next Big Brand, we wish many congratulations to IRCTC for their upwards growth in terms of share market and infrastructural development.
We hope to see more coming from IRCTC. We are done with knowledge sharing, its time to buy IRTCT shares. Go!