Almost 50% of India’s workforce is unhappy with the work they do, a lot of this boils down to working with companies that do not have a great work environment. If you’re entering the job market this year, make sure you apply to the top companies in India that offer a great employee experience. LinkedIn conducted a study to understand which companies in India are the best ones to work with this year. In order to have a fair playing field, LinkedIn only looked at companies that at a minimum of 500 employees (as of the first of February) and also showed a positive rate of employment growth in the last year.
LinkedIn’s data has been used by various countries including Australia, France, Germany, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, USA, and China in order to understand the best companies.
The top 25 companies to work for in India in 2019
- Flipkart (Walmart) – Flipkart has shown continuous growth since the time of its inception and was recently bought out by Walmart. The company is planning to grow its headcount by 10%.
- Amazon – Amazon is a tech-behemoth that many would give their right arm to work at. Ranked at number 2 on the list, it is certainly a company that offers a great work environment along with fantastic growth opportunities.
- Oyo – With more than 13,000 properties, Oyo hotels are spread over 7 countries. They also have more than 10,000 partners working with them, called ‘Oyopreneurs’.
- One97 Communications (Paytm) – The parent company of Paytm, one of the biggest brands in India, is certainly a place that many people would love to work in. They have more than 300 million registered users on their platform as long as more than 7 million merchants using their platform.
- Uber – Ride-hailing app, Uber, has a huge global presence and is one of the best places to work. The company recently announced that it wants to double its total engineering in Bangalore and Hyderabad.
- Swiggy – Zomato’s biggest competitor, Swiggy, is ranked two points higher than Zomato when it comes to the top 25 companies to work with. Swiggy spans across 60 different cities in India.
- Tata Consultancy Services – This IT services, business consulting and business solutions company is one of the top ones in India to work with. It is owned by the Tata group, which has over 29 publicly listed verticals.
- Zomato – Headquartered in Gurugram, Zomato is one of the largest restaurant aggregators in India. They employ more than 5,000 people in their company and their brand is a known name in more than 24 countries.
- Alphabet – Google’s parent company is headquartered in Bengaluru and India has the largest Google team apart from the team in the US.
- Reliance Industries – this company is India’s largest publicly traded company. Their industries span from hydrocarbons, petrochemicals, petroleum refining, retail, and telecommunications.
- EY — Accounting
- Adobe — Computer software
- Boston Consulting Group — Management consulting
- Yes Bank — Banking
- IBM — Information technology and services
- Daimler AG — Automotive
- Freshworks — Information technology and services
- Accenture — Information technology and services
- Ola — Internet
- ICICI Bank — Banking
- PwC India — Management consulting
- KPMG India — Management consulting
- Larsen & Toubro — Construction
- Oracle — Information technology and services
- Qualcomm — Wireless
If you are planning to enter the job market anytime soon, then you must consider these top 25 companies as a part of your applications and try your best to be a part of their fast-growing teams. All the best!