India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki definitely seems to be having a good new year. It’s the 2nd consecutive month for the carmaker to report an increase in production units after struggling for 9 months.
Though the automobile industry witnessed worse the year 2019 for the past 2 decades. Sales of PV fell below 3 million since 2016.
On Wednesday, Maruti Suzuki reported that they produced 115949 units in December 2019 (as compared to 107478 units in December 2018).
Let’s see which cars of Maruti Suzuki have been rolling out on the road and proving to be winners for Maruti Suzuki:
- New models of WagonR, Celerio, Ignis, Swift, Baleno, OEM Model & Dzire witnessed the biggest hike in production. Maruti produced 62448 units against 44329 units a year ago in the same month. It’s a good 40% increment.
- Mini category consisting of Alto, S-Presso and old WagonR saw a decline in production to 25613 units which were once 28314 units in 2018 the same month.
- Gypsy, Vitara Breeza, Ertiga, XL-6 and S-Cross (the utility vehicle segment) their production stood at 19825 units in 2019 December as compared to 16436 units in 2018. A straight 20.62% increment.
- Production of mid-sized sedan Ciaz stood at merely 894 units as compared to 1516 units in 2018 the same month.
- Vans like Eeco and Omni witnessed 62.16% production cut. With 6182 units rolling out in 2019, the company produced around 16338 units in the same month in 2018.
- For light commercial vehicle Super Carry, there is an increment in its production. The carmaker now produces 987 units as compared to merely 545 units in 2018 December.
As we mentioned earlier that automobile game is getting interesting month after month. With new players MH Motors entering the market, they are giving a tough fight to others.
Maruti has maximum variants of BS-VI compliant (not less than 6) as compared to other carmakers who are still in the process to come up with new variations after government rolling out the BS-IV model.
For now, 2019 seems to be a decent year for Maruti Suzuki and we hope the carmaker only elevates in the coming time. For other automobile giants, guess they still have to wait for some time to be back on track. But till then Maruti has high hopes in pressing their accelerator and speed up as much as they can.
Is here everything you need to know about Maruti Suzuki.