- Old Monk rum is apparently the Indian alcoholic beverage of choice.
- The participants of the survey have an average of 35 years, with males and females accounting for 58 percent and 42 percent respectively. 51 percent of them are married, 46 percent are married and 2 percent of them are divorced.
In an effort to understand the evolving patterns of lifestyle, consumption, and brand awareness of rich Indians, The Hurun Luxury Consumer Survey 2019 goes beyond data. The findings of the survey show some expected results and surprises. This is the first time the Hurun Research Institute has published the report to reveal different changes in the lifestyle of high-net-worth individuals in India (HNIs). Hurun Report Global’s ‘Best of the Best Brand Awards’ is widely regarded as an ISO for high net worth brands.
Let’s Check some of the interesting findings of the following survey:-
- Old Monk rum is apparently the Indian alcoholic beverage of choice. Created by Mohan Meakin, Old Monk was started in 1954.
- Most preferred personal investments are Stock Market and Real Estate.
- The United Kingdom is the most preferred overseas investment destination followed by Singapore.
- Again the United Kingdom is the most popular tourist destination followed by Italy and Maldives.
- Education is the sector where people spend the most followed by traveling and entertainment.
- Watches are the most preferred choice for men’s gifts.
- More than one fourth said that their investment philosophy for this year will be “avoiding risk”.
- When it comes to collecting things, Indian HNIs prefer Art over any other thing.
- To access information, HNIs prefer Newspaper over the television.
Anas Rahman Junaid, MD, and Chief Researcher, Hurun Report India, said, ” The rise in wealthiness and the rising millennial population in the country, investment into luxury products and service will witness an upward trend. If India’s GDP doubles in the next 4 years, that will have an impact on the number of new millionaires in the country-resulting in a direct impact on luxury spending and investments,”
In order to understand the spend trends of HNIs, different lists such as Hurun India Rich List, which features 831 richest Indians, Hurun India Real Estate List, and Hurun India Women List.
The participants of the survey have an average of 35 years, with males and females accounting for 58 percent and 42 percent respectively. 51 percent of them are married, 46 percent are married and 2 percent of them are divorced. These wealth sources are mainly composed of wages, investment, and dividends. They all come from different cities across India, including Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, and major second-tier cities and overseas cities, of which 64 percent are in the north and south.