- Xiaomi launched a new range of smart TVs and aims to bring 4K resolution for everyone through the Mi TV 4X series.
- Motorola announced its TV sets in the range of Rs. 13,999 to Rs. 64,999 and the TV will be android powered.
India is developing at a very fast pace and is a huge market for technological advances and cutting edge technologies. In 2017, Technology has penetrated 15 percent of the Indian TV Market.
With all the advancements in technology, people are preferring smart offices, smart homes and Smart TV is one of an integral part of it.
The best part of having a smart TV is that it is a solution for all your entertainment needs as it serves as a Television, DVD Player, music player, and running internet-based applications i.e. transforming it into a computer such as streaming videos from Amazon TV, Netflix, Hulu, and Google play store.
Currently, Samsung holds the leader position with around 41 percent market share of the premium segment.
With increasing interest and popularity of Smart TVs after Xiaomi, OnePlus and Motorola have entered the Smart TV segment with their android-powered Television sets.
Let’s Have a look at the TVs of these smartphone giants:
- Xiaomi– The leader in the smartphone and the smart TV segment in India, Xiaomi launched a new range of smart TVs and aims to bring 4K resolution for everyone through the Mi TV 4X series. The new series comes with Mi’s own interface Patchwall and will run on Andriod OS 9.0 Android Pie. It will be pre-loaded with Netflix and Amazon and the users can access Google Data saver mode on TV where they will be able to watch three times more than normal mobile data.
- OnePlus- The brand which is known for making high-end smartphones and is one of the most loved brands is set to launch its Smart TV in India on 26th September. The TV set is rumored to have a powerful processor along with displays ranging from 44 inches to 75 inches. The TV is also rumored to have a Dolby speaker set of 8 speakers and unreal voice quality.
- Motorola- The oldest handset maker in the world, Motorola is entering a new product with a new product line of Smart TVs. Motorola announced its TV sets in the range of Rs. 13,999 to Rs. 64,999 and the TV will be android powered. It will also feature HDR and Dolby Vision standards as well as Dolby Audio and DTS sound tech. Motorola will also offer a free gamepad, which will let you play games on the TV by downloading games from the Google Play Store.
The Indian TV market has seen a jump in the Smart TV consumers due to the affordability provided by Xiaomi old TV Sets. The sales have grown to 43% in Q12019 compared to 18% a year ago in India.
With smartphone giants entering the smart TV segment, we are ready for another mouth-watering marketing and brand clash. The ultimate winner will be the consumer.