- According to a survey, India skipper Virat Kohli emerged as the only cricketer in the world’s top 10 list of highest-earning athletes through sponsored Instagram posts during the lockdown.
According to a survey, India skipper Virat Kohli emerged as the only cricketer in the world’s top 10 list of highest-earning athletes through sponsored Instagram posts during the lockdown.
The cricketing superstar was sixth on the list, the figures for which ‘Attain’ collected during the time from March 12 to May 14, when the world shut down to stem the coronavirus outbreak development.
Kohli received a total of 379,294 pounds through its supported posts, collecting 126,431 pounds per post, according to the report.
Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo is top of the list with an estimated 1.8 million pounds earnings, while Argentina and FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi and PSG Neymar were second and third with 1.2 million and 1.1 million respectively earnings.
Shaquille O’Neal and former England football captain David Beckham (405,359 pounds) wrap up the top five.
Swedish footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic (184,413 pounds), former NBA star Dwayne Wade (143,146), Brazilian soccer player Dani Alves (133,694) and boxer Anthony Joshua (121,500) complete the top 10 list of highest-earning athletes worldwide during the lockdown era.
- Cristiano Ronaldo- 5 times Ballon D’or winner, Captain of Portugal national football team and ex-Real Madrid Player Ronaldo is the highest-earning athlete on Instagram with an estimated 1.8 million pounds earnings during the lockdown.
- Lionel Messi- Rival of Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona superstar, Lionel Messi is close to him on this list also. One of the best players to play football, Messi earned 1.2 million pounds from Instagram. Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi are the two greatest players of the generation and have known to compete with each other throughout their careers.
- Neymar Jr.- Brazilian Superstar and ex-Barcelona man Neymar Jr, who currently plays for PSG in France are on the 3rd place. Often a controversial figure for his style of play, Neymar earned1.1 Million pounds from Instagram.
- Shaq O’ Neal- Shaquille Rashaun “Shaq” O’Neal is a former American professional basketball player who is a sports analyst on TNT’s Inside the NBA television program. Known for his giant stature and aggressive way of playing, Shaq is 4th on the list.
- David Beckham- Another footballer on the list, Manchester United and England David Beckham made 405K pounds from the social media platform during the lockdown. Known for his good looks apart from his footballing skills, Beckham has a huge social media fan following across the globe and has invested in different things ranging from lifestyle products to football teams in the USA.
- Virat Kohli- Virat Kohli earned a total of 379K pounds through its sponsored posts, collecting 126K pounds per post.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic- Swedish Football and Ex-PSG player who is known for his acrobatic goals Zlatan Ibrahimovic features in the 7th position. He earned 184K from Instagram during the lockdown.
- Dwayne Wade- Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr. is a retired professional American basketball player. Wade spent much of his 16-year career in the National Basketball Association playing for the Miami Heat. He is on the 8th place on the list and earns 143K from Instagram posts during the lockdown.
- Dani Alves- Another footballer on the list, Dani Alves is a Brazilian professional footballer who played for clubs such as Barcelona, PSG, and Juventus. He also captained the Brazil National Football Team.
- Anthony Joshua- Anthony Joshua, OBE is a British professional boxer who has held the titles of WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO since December 2019 and previously between 2016 and June 2019 as a two-time unified heavyweight Champion and earned 121K from Instagram posts during the lockdown.